Welcome to Summit User Guides
The Summit User Guide is here as a training tool, Help reference and FAQ list
The tabs at the top will take you to the specific topics within the User Guide (or use the layout below with links to those sections):
- Release Notes
For questions about a specific proposal, contact the Pre-Award Associate listed in the proposal support staff section
To report an error message, contact 4Help with a copy the error message and proposal ID.
Several Key videos: - Summit Overview
- Proposal creation fails when a PI does not have a home org in Banner or default home org in Summit.
- Workaround: The PI should work with their department to update Banner to add their home org or add a default home org in their manage preferences (see Manage Preferences).
- Notifications on Cost Share and Subcontractors
- Due to the Cost Share and Subcontractor sections being tabulated, it is currently not possible for the notifications to scroll to a particular comment within these two sections. It will only scroll if the comment happens to be on the tab that is currently open. If the comment is on a tab that is not open, it will open the comment thread at the top right of the proposal screen.
- CAS Forbidden Login Message
- If you login to Summit and CAS is set to 7 day reminder; then logout of Summit/CAS, then try to log back into Summit again, the Forbidden Access message will appear.
- Workaround: Refresh the page
How do I add a support staff or approver on an org?
- The Department Head or Business Manager of the org in question should email summitHelp@vt.edu with the name of who they would like added and as what role type(s) (ex. support staff, support staff lead, approver, approver delegate).